Ah, letters to Santa.
I wood like
Sume Now tis
a hyena costoom
a LeopRd gerey
Sume Now sHoes
a kid Kare
I’m so glad that Santa has the amazing ability to decipher the Santa letter of a 6 year old.
We’ve had to remind Princess that Santa doesn’t get children exactly what is on the list. Because, sometimes Santa knows that children want things, when they don’t even know they might want them! Like socks! Oh, Santa. He’s so clever.
Not to mention the fact that sometimes, no matter how hard Santa tries, he just can’t find a hyena costoom (costume). Santa is very proud of
herself himself that she he was able to locate a LeopRd gerey (leopard jersey), on sale no less. And, even better, some Now sHoes (new shoes) at the Salvation Army store for 50c.
Sadly for Princess, there is no way in hell that she would be getting a Kid Kare (kid car) anytime soon. But, Santa has fulfilled a significant part of the list, including the now tis (new tights), t-tesers (t-shirts) and even some toos (toys).
All in all, I have to give it to Princess this year, her list was pretty good. No specific toys mentioned that can only be purchased online for hundreds of dollars, like last year.
BoyChild’s list? A little shorter.
Coming from a kid who has over 30 trains.
ELSA! SOFIA! ELSA! I LIKE ANNA! ELSA! TRAINS!
“YOU can’t have trains! I’m having trains!”
TRAINS TRAINS TRAINS TRAINS
Just for shits and giggles, what do I want for Xmas? Well, since you asked …
This year, I would like the following, in no particular order:
- An hour with no one talking to me/touching me/looking at me
- New fancy shoes. Or, superglue to fix my current ones.
- A day when I don’t have to parent or adult or cook or clean/ or launder or wash or change a nappy.
- A massage.
- Something pretty. I mean, really pretty. Not a drawing.
- Happy kids, with no bickering or squealing.
- A hefty addition to my bank account balance.
- Cider. On tap, preferably.
- The Chelsea Winter cookbook. Any one of them, I’m not fussy.
- Some nice food. That I don’t have to prepare. Or share.
- A surprise. A genuine surprise. Any of the above will do.
Look, I love Christmas, and what I truly want is everyone to be safe, happy, content and doing what they want to be doing, with whom they want to be sharing the day.
Anything more is just gravy.
Oh! 13. Gravy.